Welcome

Everyone does something to relax. Some play video games, some watch TV or read magazines.
I spin. And if you like, you can join me here for a window into my Spinning Zen.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hey, I have a Blog!

Yeah! A blog!

Here's the thing. I'm one of those people who, now and then, needs a soapbox. Whether or not anyone else wants to listen, or can even relate to what I'm saying, I will say it. And, well, facebook statuses aren't a great forum for that. ;)

So, now I have a blog. In it you can expect to find my spinning and knitting exploits, fiber and technique reviews, and because I'm sure they'll creep in, the occasional insight into my schooling, opinions and life in general. You can also expect a semi-regular update schedule. You might learn with me as I attempt something new... You may even be able to cheer me on through a few self-set goals. And maybe, just maybe, you'll be inspired to find some zen of your own.

Some examples of potential future topics:

  • What's on my needles/spindles/in my stash?
  • Annie the Orphan Castle Wheel
  • My Turkish (Spindle) Love Affair
  • From the Fold - My Long Draw Breakthrough
  • In "The Zone"
  • The Simple Joy of Cables
  • A Fiber Compilation - everything I've spun, whose, how's and why's.
  • What's with the blog title, anyway?
and many more.

I'd better come to a close before my mind bursts with the possibilities... But, it's a start. The ice is broken, the wall is no longer blank, and the first step has been taken.

"A Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with a Single Step."

No comments:

Post a Comment